News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

buffers help

Started by Hoss, May 29, 2010, 09:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoss

I need some parts for my Bachman James. Now before you start telling me to call customer service, here's my situation.

I need the front buffers. He had a mishap with a friend of mine on the end of a siding and, well, a 3 foot fall to a hard concrete floor.

I can only pay cash. So that means no E-bay, credit cards, paypal, debit, or any of the like. Money order and C.O.D I am lenient.

I did check the spare parts section. Only a face plate.

Is there anywhere that I can get buffers? I have thought about the Hornby replacements, but read the second part.

HELP!!!!

Cheeky_ULP

Hate to say it but unless you want to drive to Pennsylvania, then you might as well buy a new James, based on the information and limitations you gave.

Hoss

Thanks anyway, I'll try eBay and see what I can do. I just hate asking my parents to use their debit card.

James The Red Engine

Hi there Hoss.  I've got some buffers, but I need some for a model project.  How many are you in need of?

Hoss

Quote from: James The Red Engine on May 31, 2010, 11:04:56 AM
Hi there Hoss.  I've got some buffers, but I need some for a model project.  How many are you in need of?
Only 2 for James. He's my at the top of my repair list. I'll need 2 at a later date for Percy, but he can wait.

James The Red Engine

Quote from: Hoss on June 01, 2010, 06:10:09 PM
Quote from: James The Red Engine on May 31, 2010, 11:04:56 AM
Only 2 for James. He's my at the top of my repair list. I'll need 2 at a later date for Percy, but he can wait.

I could probably spare you 2. ;)

Hoss

I am now proud to announce that James is being withdrawn from service for short term. The replacements arrived yesterday, Thanks to James the red engine. Some pictures to commemorate this event.

Before James could leave with his last train, some, "Restoration work" had to be carried out on the  station throat before his train could depart.

Along with some minor rerailing from a white, feline tornado that touched down.

Ready to go.

from the end of the yard.

Yess!! I am finally getting repaired.

And of course, the special.

As a last minute change, it was decided that James would double-head the train with Henry. Due to camera problems, this cannot be captured. (Dead batteries.  >:(

Hoss

On June 16, 2010, James is now finished and ready for service. I am still to pull him from the on-line shop storage area, but that will be done tonight. (in theory) ;D Also, no major damage was caused my the class feline twister that touched down.  :)

PerfectPercy

Could you post some pics of your layout? Now that the James problem is starting to resolve, it would be nice to see more of the layout.

Thanks

Hoss

I'd hate to tell ya, but this is the extent of my layout.  >:( The only thing not in these pictures is a turntable, and my small docks. That's it. The local planning board, (aka Mom and Dad) are not letting me expand.