News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Model Railroader review of H4 mallet

Started by Pacific Northern, June 18, 2010, 11:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pacific Northern

Did anyone read the review of the H4 mallet in Model Railroader?

Pacific Northern

jonathan

I'm Sorry, I can't keep all the "H's" straight.  Do you mean the Cab Forward articulated?  I remember reading that one in a recent issue.

Regards,

Jonathan

P.S. Just had to see what the "glow" button did in the BBC tags section.

ABC

I think he means the new Bachmann 2-6-6-2.

Pacific Northern

Quote from: ABC on June 19, 2010, 09:15:46 PM
I think he means the new Bachmann 2-6-6-2.

Yes, the mallet with the Vandy tender. I just received mine a few days ago and I was happy with it right out of the box. The sound settings are in my opinion very good.

Unfortunately the folks over at the MR site are not as impressed with this engine.
Pacific Northern

ebtbob

WOW.....MR doing anything but a review saying how good a product is.   That is unusual.   If you want to read reviews,  both good and bad,  get your hands on Model Railroad News.  They tell it like it is.  Now,  I not sure if they have reviewed your engine or not.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Pacific Northern

Quote from: ebtbob on June 20, 2010, 08:01:34 AM
WOW.....MR doing anything but a review saying how good a product is.   That is unusual.   If you want to read reviews,  both good and bad,  get your hands on Model Railroad News.  They tell it like it is.  Now,  I not sure if they have reviewed your engine or not.

I agree, I was very happy to see that reviews by Model Railroad News have included both  good and negative comments on items submitted for review. I remember a passing comment made by Model Railroader on their review of the Proto Heritage 2-8-4. They said that they were surprised at how quickly the engine started to slip under load, but that was most likely due to the coating on the steel wheels which would wear off after some use.
Wrong, the engine could hardly pull its own weight up a slight incline, next run had traction tires added, as did the 2-8-8-2 Proto model as well.
Pacific Northern

Pacific Northern

Some interesting comments posted on the Model Railroader web page on this engine
Pacific Northern