News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Headlight on N scale Steam Engines

Started by Randy Harris, July 18, 2010, 05:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy Harris

Dear Mr Bachmann,  It has been awhile since I last contacted you, I always liked the working headlight on your 2-8-0 engines that had the V &T lettering.  The headlights were very bright and actually shown well in a tunnel, can you please put these headlights in your 2-6-2 or 2-6-0 or even in your 4-4-0.  Thank you Randy Harris (I like big bright headlights)

ABC

I am sure Bachmann has considered adding lights to their models, and I would expect when future models are produced they will have headlights and when older models are retooled, they would likely add headlights unless it was somehow cost prohibitive or otherwise just not feasible for whatever reason (i.e. space).

Doneldon

Randy-

Since Bachmann seems to have gone to an all DCC product line, at least for new offerings, I think you can count on seeing lights on all new locos in the future.  It's really not difficult to add lights if you have some locos without them.  If you do this, I strongly suggest that you go with LEDs.  You won't have any heat problems and the install will be easy if you buy a prefab system which has what's needed to give the correct voltage to the light.  Check with the ebay seller    adnar48    for high-quality products at reasonable prices.

-- D

Williamson

Interestingly, in the steam era many if not most railroads did not operate headlights in daylight hours.

Will_Annand

Quote from: Doneldon on July 19, 2010, 02:32:44 AM
Randy-

Since Bachmann seems to have gone to an all DCC product line, at least for new offerings, I think you can count on seeing lights on all new locos in the future. 

Excellent idea on their part, about time a major player moved into the new millenium.

Thanks Bachmann.