News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Relaxed HO Model Railroading

Started by OldTimer, July 20, 2010, 07:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldTimer

I've been making pretty good progress in gettting my train room finished.  So good, in fact, that I think I can start laying track within a week to ten days.  Construction will be pretty conventional with sectional open grid benchwork hung from the wall, flex track, DCC, and some decisions still to be made.  Total size is about 64 sq ft arranged as a shelf around the room.  The track plan is based on a published plan by Iain Rice, but with a little more room for scenery.  If there is any interest, I'd be glad to post pics of the layout as construction rolls along.  Perhaps some of our younger members could pick up a tip or two, and some of our armchair members might get the idea that building a layout isn't that hard, but sure is a lot of fun.  Let me know if you're interested.
Old Timer
Just workin' on the railroad.

full maxx

would love to see pics of the progress
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

jonathan

Old Timer,

One can never get enough pictures or information.  Please, by all means, post every inch of the build.  I would even be interested in seeing a shot of your bench work.

Perhaps we can encourage some other members to join the photo-taking craze.

I have learned so much from the kind folks who are willing to share.  This is the best show-and-tell ever.

Why do I suddenly feel 6 years old?

Regards,

Jonathan

lescar

Please post -a-way, :D I could use all the help and ideas for the up coming layout.  :-\ 8)

Les
All Comments and suggestions are all ways welcome and appreciated

ABC

Quote from: jonathan on July 20, 2010, 07:37:34 PM
Why do I suddenly feel 6 years old?
Does it feel like the sixties/seventies to you? I don't know what the sixties/seventies feels like, because I'm only in my mid twenties, but I know what the eighties was like when I was 6 way back when and it doesn't seem like the eighties to me. I think you said you were in your forties, I don't remember. Refresh my memory what is it like when you're 6.

jonathan

It was a little levity, apparently very little.  First grade is when you typically perform show-and-tell for the first time.  At our monthly club meetings, when someone brings in a new loco to share, it's still called "show and tell".