News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

dynamis

Started by trains4, July 25, 2010, 05:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trains4

Hey folks,i have the Dynamis System,and i have a problem  with it.When i switch on the handset,it doesn't stay on the locomotive i have selected,it just starts jumping from one engine to the other.I cannot control it,i have tried putting new batteries in the handset,reset everthing back to the factory settings,and that doesn't work ...can you help?

ABC

Is a button or joystick stuck?

trains4

Hello,it is a joystick.

trains4

sorry misread your question,no it's not stuck,everthing moves freely,it just keeps changing from one screen to the other.

Jim Banner

I suspect ABC was asking if the joystick was electrically stuck.  Let me explain.  When you move the joystick up, it closes a switch.  When you move it back to centre, the switch is supposed to open.  If it does not, that switch is electrically stuck and the action it is supposed to cause may continue indefinitely.  The joystick does not have to be mechanically stuck for this to happen.  This was a common problem in some early video games.

Jim 
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

ABC

Quote from: Jim Banner on July 26, 2010, 02:06:04 AM
This was a common problem in some early video games.
Yeah, it happened all the time with my Colecovision. The controller was a joystick with a number pad similar to that of a phone.

trains4

Hey fellas,thks for the info.Icontacted Bachmann Industries,and i have sent my controller out to them,i'll pass on the results

of there findings on the Dynamis..