News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann 2-6-6-2

Started by GN.2-6-8-0, August 01, 2010, 05:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GN.2-6-8-0

for the risk takers just wish to say the Bachmanns C&O 2-6-6-2s can be modified with a little daring to make a really great looking engine by eliminating its heritage and resembling more of a generic or railroad modified engine.
part that will make most nervous is taking a razor saw to the smokebox front  ;D

Rocky Lives

J3a-614

Looks like it worked!  Is that the Cal-Scale smokebox front?  Did it give any troubles with fit?

Now I have to get up the nerve to alter the running boards on my Life Like 2-8-8-2s to more closely resemble what the Virginian did to their engines. . .

Thanks for sharing.

jonathan

You are much braver than me.  I find the more expensive the model, the less likely I am going to tinker with it.

I bow in your direction.  Great stuff.

Regards,

Jonathan

Woody Elmore

I notice the air pumps moved to the fireman's side. This is really nice work.

GN.2-6-8-0

Quote from: J3a-614 on August 01, 2010, 11:47:57 PM
Looks like it worked!  Is that the Cal-Scale smokebox front?  Did it give any troubles with fit?

Now I have to get up the nerve to alter the running boards on my Life Like 2-8-8-2s to more closely resemble what the Virginian did to their engines. . .

Thanks for sharing.
The smokebox front is the 108 inch by Cary. p/n 105 and was a dead on perfect fit,only needed to grind down the bottom edge to clear the steam delivery pipe underneath the boiler front
Rocky Lives