Bachmann Acela Running off of live catenary with sound

Started by ac_catenary, August 02, 2010, 09:38:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ac_catenary

I have about 95% of catenary construction completed on my layout
Here a latest video that shows an Acela with a TGV lenz sound decoder running off of catenary, a gg-1 led freight train and various trolleys running through an HO scale Philadelphia.   All trains and trolleys are DCC controlled and run off of live wire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj3vQ77p0DE
Steve Smith
1:1 Railroad Architect
1:87 Railroad Architect
PRR Foamer
visit
www.prrnortheastcorridor.com

pipefitter

Hey Steve, that's a wonderful layout and trains. It is an inspiration because I realized some time ago that I have quite a collection of catenary suitable trains. Four IHC/Rivi/Mehano GG1's, two Bachmann E60CP's, two Atlas AEM7's (MARC and AMTRAK), Roco ICE II train, IHC/Mehano Boeing LRV and a small Lima steeple cab 0-4-0. I even have the unpowered Heljan SJ X2000 train set that was sold during the train's test runs on the NEC.

You should put a link to your web site here :)

Best Regards,

Robert
Grew up next to B&O's Metropolitan Branch - Silver Spring Maryland

Jhanecker2

ac_catenary

Thanks for the compliments
Theres on a handful of catenary layouts out there and hardly none with live PRR catenary. So I just like to show that it can be done.  It took time and alot of hard work.  
Steve Smith
PRR Foamer
visit

jonathan

Finally got a chance to watch your video.  Enjoyed it.  Amazing stuff.  Thanks for sharing it with us.

Seems to me I've seen pictures of your northeastcorridor before.  Can't remember where, though.

Regards,

Jonathan

ebtnut

Really impressive work.  I'm not sure I'd be tough enough to tackle PRR catenary.  I have done working trolley overhead, and that'll make you use bad language occasionally.  ;)  BTW, the Con-Cor PCC cars are finally available.  They are very nice, sit low, and are DCC ready.  Mine runs great.  The current run includes a Philly "Cream Cheese" version (silver and cream paint scheme), Boston, Pittsburgh and Brooklyn among others. 

ac_catenary

Thanks
PRR catenary is really not that hard to make after you made about 400 feet of it.  Now that I have catenary up and its operational, now time to put decoders in all the electric Locomotives. I recently bought IHP silverliner IV cars and they need to be motorized.  I have seen those Con-Cor PCC cars and want a PTC one, But I still have to get a Peter Witt and a Bowser PCC car
Steve Smith
PRR Foamer
visit