News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Sanded Grout Roadbed

Started by rayport, August 09, 2010, 05:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rayport

Has anyone tried the sanded grout method used by the Bach Man for producing roadbed and ground cover on the Stoney Point Wharf layout? In the article in the 2010 On30 Annual it looks like the grout was applied wet. Was this with a spatula or a brush? Could the grout be applied dry and brushed to profile then sprayed withg wet-water to fix?

Would appreciate any commens from the Bach Man or anyone else who has tried this method. Thanks to who respond.

darryl1936

Howdy

I use sanded grout on my layout.   I just put it down dry and then use a water mist bottle and spray it.  Takes a couple tries to get the hang of it but it works well that way.

Cheers , the old fardt in Lost Wages

the Bach-man

Dear Ray,
I apply it dry and mist it with warm "wet" water. It works great!
Have fun!
the Bach-man

rayport

Thanks. That seemed the best way but I was not sure if that would lead to too much 'crusting' and weakness and the photos suggested the wet method. Will give it a whirl. Loved the appearance of the Stoney Point layout.

darryl1936

Gee ! Forgot to mention that I use Sound Board or also know as Fiber Board with the Sanded Grout. Sticks very good with that combination. Makes a great start with scenery. Just don't get too much water on the Sound Board as it will come undone.

TOF in Lost Wages