News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

8 pin socket

Started by Peter Webster, August 24, 2010, 04:44:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Webster

Can someone tell me which is pin #1 on the dcc socket in the box on the Rail Truck as I will to put A Tsunami in one and cannot see any marking onthe socket indicating the position of pin #1
Thanks

NarrowMinded

look very closely at the corners there are only two numbers marked
But you have to unplug the existing plug to see them. May I suggest you draw a picture to represent the rail truck and plug with wires and write down the colors of where each wire goes, this will help you keep track.

NM

Peter Webster

NM,
      Thanks for your suggestion. It worked well, the only problem I have now is upon reassembly of the the drive system following a kit bash I can't get the Rail Truck to move. The drive shaft and the gear on the end of the drive shaft rotate nicely but when the diff cover is screwed back on the gears do not seem to mesh.  I have checked the gears out and they don't have any teeth missing or worn and they appear to mesh ok till I screw down the cover. I have tried different tension on the screws but to no avail. anyone have any suggestions

NarrowMinded

Do you have the axle flipped the wrong way?

NM

Peter Webster

NM,
       No, the axle is the correct way around but I think I figured it out. The bevel gear on the drive shaft is not moving when the drive shaft rotates. It looks like I will have to find some sort of adhesive that will fix it to the shaft but being a delrin type of material this won't easy.

mabloodhound

Peter,
I'm not familiar with this exact problem (although I believe others have had it) but if you can add a mechanical anti-spin lock it should work.
Such as removing the driveshaft and take the gear off, file a flat spot on the shaft and a mating notch in the gear hole.   Then the addition of a little epoxy should act like a key and prevent the spinning gear.
Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

NarrowMinded

I think some thick CA glue should work well since the rail truck only has to move it's own weight, that said it's likely that gear is split and you just can't see it. Call bachmann it's my understanding that they have new/ better gears due to this problem.

Nm