News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Oh Deer!!

Started by ebtbob, September 02, 2010, 12:47:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebtbob

The enclosed pic was not staged.   My cat,  Nittany,  got up on my railroad without my knowledge and managed to knock down one of my deer herd onto the eastbound mainline.   

Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Michigan Railfan

Haha. That's funny. Too bad it wasn't standing up  :P Also, do you have any other pics of your layout? Just from that one picture I can tell you've put alot of work into it. Do you have an album on a website or something? Or have you started a thread that has many pics of your layout? Just curious, because it looks pretty impressive. Like how you put near microscopic bushes on the track  :P, and how you painted your track to make it look real.

ebtbob

Blink,

Over the years I have posted a number of pix of my layout here on the Bachmann forum,  but would have no idea how to tell you where to look for them.   
       If you go to www.rrpicturearchives.net you can find some of my photos there.   When you get to the home page,  on the left side is a column of ways to find photos.   At the bottom is a selection called contributor's pix.   Click on that and scroll down the list of contributors to my name,  Bob Rule.   Then click on my name and when you get into my site,   there is a box with all my albums listed including some with HO trains.    Now,  some of those pix were taken at my local club GATSME Model Railroad club(www.gatsme.org)
       You can also see some pix of On30 railroad(yes I have two model railroads in the basement) at Flickr.

Here are a couple of pix from my HO and On30 railroad.   The On30 railroad has no scenry yet.

First is on my HOn3 part of the HO railroad.   Look closely at the guy taking pix of the 2-8-2.  He has a skunk right behind him.

This pic is of the enginehouse at my Engle mine complex.   That is a Bachmann 70 tonner assigned as the mine shifter.

This pic is of one of my On30 K27s from MMI.  It is equipped with a Tsunami sound decoder.   All metal with brass details,  these engines weigh in 6.0 lbs.

This last pic shows a Bachmann 2-8-0 crossing the high trestle on my On30 railroad.   This trestle is on a sprial grade that sometimes gets to 3% and this engine will handle a 12 car train up that grade.   

Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress

ebtbob

Sorry for getting the pic descriptions out of sync.   Anyway,  enjoy the pix.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress

Michigan Railfan

Cool pics. I wasn't able to find you on the website you provided. Just a couple more questions. How big is your HO scale layout? And do you have alot of rolling stock and engines? Just curious.

ebtbob

Blink,

If you went to www.rrpicturearchives.net,  and went to contributors site,  I am listed alphabetically by last name as Bob Rule, Jr.
      My basement is 26 ft wide and 40 ft long.   At one end is my HO railroad in a figure E.   The leg against the wall is 26 ft long.   Going out from the wall the second leg is 20 ft long and last let is 12 ft long.    Width wise the railroad is about 16 ft.   Then off the edge of last leg is a 2ft wide by 20ft long industrial shifting area.
       Before,  you mentioned my track.   I use Atlas code 100 flextrack with Peco electrofrog turnouts.   I paint my track with Floquil spray paint,  rail brown,  roof brown for sidings.   When I paint the track,  I spray about 4-5 feet and then immediately wipe of the tops of the rails with a waste piece of cork roadbed. After letting the paint dry for about two hours I clean the track with a Peco track cleaning block.

Here is a another pic from HO railroad.   It is a BLI N&W class A 2-6-6-4 near Engle mine.

This picture is of my BLI RSD15 painted for the Great Lakes & Eastern,  one of the railroads represented at the GATSME Model Railroad Club.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress

Michigan Railfan

Ah. Now I see. I didn't realize it was in alphabetical order by last name. Your layout is pretty neat. I wish I had a room that size just for a layout. The pics of the GATSME club layout were cool too. I also looked at some of your railfan pics. Those were good too.

ebtbob

Blink,

Thankyou for your kind comments.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress

scoutersama

That deer looks like it knows what is happening. It has a nervous expression on it's face.

jonathan

EBTBob,

I must tell you I have been to your club website more than once looking for inspiration (something to copy).  Your layout work is stupendous.  Wish I could perform weathering techniques as well as you and your friends.

I do think we suffer from the same hesitation when it comes to locomotives.  I find it impossible to force myself to put one hint of dust and rust on those beautiful machines.

I appreciate every time someone post some pics of their work.  Sharing is the best lesson we learn in primary school.  Thanks again for sharing with us.

Hope your loco crew enjoyed the venison  ;D

Regards,

Jonathan

RBMN #425 Fan

that hapened to me TWICE on my club layout except it was a mule. the first time it was with a bach. irish 2-6-0.if it wasn't for the lower track it would have plumatted to the floor! and be in bachmann's repair dept. right now! the second was with a PCM Reading T-1 of the first run, luckely that, too, didn't get damaged. 
i think that mule (and coal cart) should be glued dow with different glue
BRING BACK THE 425!!!!!
(or 2102. or finish the 113!!!!)