News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC 2-8-0 Headlight Inop

Started by trainstamp, September 30, 2010, 08:08:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trainstamp

I have a new DCC Spectrum 2-8-0 with factory decoder that runs fine but I can't get the headlight to work. The headlight LED is OK (I have tested it). What am I missing?
Richard in Vermont

ABC

If you are using DCC try pushing F10 to toggle it on/off or F1 to dim/brighten.

Jim Banner

If you are using a DCC system other than E-Z Command, try the f0 button to turn the headlight on and off.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

trainstamp

Thanks to all that replied but the jokes on me. Something I left out before was that the factory headlight was way too dim and small so I did away with the original and installed a 3mm golden white LED in the headlight itself (where it belongs). (I hate light tubes). What I found out was that I had reversed the LED leads. After swapping them, guess what, it works! Sorry to have bothered :( you. Gotta go and wipe the egg off my face. Maybe this will help someone if they run into the same problem.
Richard

Jim Banner

Thanks for letting us know what the problem was.  And hey, it happens to the best of us.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

jonathan

Polarity.  That's one of the things that makes me avoid LEDs whenever possible.

Glad you were able to diagnose the issue.  Like you, I have moved the bulb into the light can in a few of my locos.  Really helps make the light more visible.  Good on ya'.

Regards,

Jonathan