News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Fireball Caboose???

Started by trainstamp, October 01, 2010, 09:52:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trainstamp

Anyone know if the Western Maryland RR ever had a caboose with the fireball logo on it? Now that I have a good running WM 2-8-0 with the fireball on the tender it would be nice to have a matching caboose, if it was prototypical.
Richard in Vermont

Joe Satnik

Dear Richard,

http://www.octrr.org/CabooseMotel/pictures/westernmaryland1013.jpg

It's possible this is a non-prototypical post-retirement paint job, though. 

Bing or Google "Western Maryland Railroad caboose image" and see what shows up.     

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik 

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

ABC

Joe you are correct, during regular service they never had such a caboose.

richg

Quote from: Joe Satnik on October 01, 2010, 11:25:27 AM
Dear Richard,

http://www.octrr.org/CabooseMotel/pictures/westernmaryland1013.jpg

It's possible this is a non-prototypical post-retirement paint job, though. 

Bing or Google "Western Maryland Railroad caboose image" and see what shows up.     

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik 

First thing I did was a Google search. Very interesting.

Rich

ebtnut

In steam days the WM cabooses were bright red with the Fast Freight "bulls-eye" round logo.  When the speed lettering came in, they went to an oxide red body color.  I think there may have been one or two speed-letter cabooses early on that were bright red for a short while.  Towards the end, they went to the red and white "circus" scheme. 

Doneldon

trainstamp-

I suppose you could put a firecracker in your caboose, wire it up to a DCC-controlled ignitier and have a real fireball.  But it might get a little hard on the pocketbook.

-- D

jbsmith

Quote from: Doneldon on October 04, 2010, 03:55:38 AM
trainstamp-

I suppose you could put a firecracker in your caboose, wire it up to a DCC-controlled ignitier and have a real fireball.  But it might get a little hard on the pocketbook.

-- D

Sounds like something Gomez Addams would heartily approve of! ;D :D