News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC

Started by jwatton, October 14, 2010, 02:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwatton

I have just entered a new venture into model railways and have bought the Dynamis control system, which I think is excellent. I am in the process of completing a garden building to house a larger layout, and I am concerned about overhead lighting installation. I have heard that fluorescent lighting may interact with the remote controller --- is this correct ? If not, what form of lighting is best for a 20 foot long building ?

richg

Our club uses the NCE Power Pro 5 amp system with overhead fluorescent lights. No issues with DCC operations. We do not have the wireless system.

Rich

Ken G Price

I have 10 florescent strips, each with 2 F4 tubes over my layout and have no problems with my Didgitrax radio system. If using florescent tubes, get the bright sun output ones.
They cost more, but the difference is amazing. I did not at first and wasted money that could have went for the brighter tubes.

Ken
Ken G Price N-Scale out west. 1995-1996 or so! UP, SP, MoPac.
Pictures Of My Layout, http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss115/kengprice/

Colorado_Mac

Our club has fluorescent, incandescent, and (it seems in some corners) kerosene lanterns.  None seems to affect the wireless DCC, though the security comm upstairs in Union Station seems to.

fieromike

Uh, guys,
The Dynamis system is infrared as opposed to your radio systems.  I believe the OP was concerned about certain wavelengths of light affecting his system.