Connecting E-Z track switch to blue speed controller

Started by AndrewsDad, October 23, 2010, 12:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndrewsDad

Hello,
New to the forums and hoping somebody can help with this:

Bought the E-track expansion pack that includes two switches and added this pack to my sons Thomas and Friends standard pack, that has a standard blue/yellow controller and that can take two accessories.  

The expansion pack switches come with wires that have connectors on the end and the blue controller doesn't accept this type of connector.  Is it possible to connect the switches to the controller and if so, how?  Do I just cut of the connectors and put the 3 wires into the terminal of the blue controller?

Thanks

ABC

At some point you should have two wires going to the power pack, one to each AC terminal. I don't have a turnout handy or else I would take a picture and post it to show how it is supposed to be.

OldTimer

Somebody "forgot" to give me back my Bachmann book, so I can't tell you what colors all the connectors are, BUT:
Three wires, normal, reverse, and common (usually green, red and black in that order), go from the switch to the switch control box.  Two wires go from the control box to the accessory terminals (fixed AC) on the power pack.  Hope this helps.
OldTimer
Just workin' on the railroad.

the Bach-man

Dear Dad,
On the Sodor display layout,  have no fewer than eight blue power packs. Some have AC terminals, some do not. If you have one of the latter, you'll need to get a power pack that does have AC terminals. From these two terminals, run two wires to one switch controller. Then, gang the controllers together, and run three wires to each switch from its respective controller.
Have fun!
the Bach-man