information on sending locomotives in for repairs!

Started by RLS, November 01, 2010, 07:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RLS

i need help on what to do this is my first time doing this!

i dont have the reciept for the locomotive
bachman will not pick up the darn phones!
i need to get this locomotive fixed because my other locomotive needs some down time ASAP!

all in all I need all the information as soon as possible.

simkon

Without the receipt, there is a nominal service charge for repair or replacement:
$15.00 -   All standard non-DCC HO locos
$25.00 - Standard DCC and Spectrum® HO locos
$40.00-$50.00 - DCC Upgrade fee (if your loco is no longer offered as standard DC for example the 4-8-4 in HO)
Address the loco to:
Bachmann Customer Service
1400 East Erie Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19124
Include a note detailing the problem with the loco and a check or money order for $25.00 (if your loco is standard DCC or Spectrum), send it well packed in the locomotive's original box packed inside a larger box that is returnable. Include your name, address and phone number on the note.

RLS

sure but do i need to call bachman firstbefore sending it

simkon

It would be best if you call 215-533-1600 before sending it in. They are there 8 am to 4 pm.

RLS

but i dont have to call and is it ok if i put cold hard cash with my letter or do i need to put a check in

RLS

ok so i have the train ready to go i choose not to call bachman since it would be forever before i could ever reach them since i go to school and you cant call on weekends. thank you for helping me with the process   :D

simkon

You need to put in a check or money order, they do not take cash.

richg

Never made a phone call. I followed instructions on the Bachmann site.
I packed the loco well. Includued a check. No problem. Do not remember how long it took to get the replacement back. I am not into instant gratification.
I sent in a two motor non DCC HO 44 ton. Got a single motor DCC ready.

Rich

RLS

sent it out today hopefully get it back before end of month and then for christmas get sound in it Hodefully  :P

richg

If you have not done a sound install before, lets us know what you are attempting to do before buying anything and trying to do the install.
You might have asked before and I could have missed it.

Rich

RLS

how long does it take for bachman to fix and send back a locomotive

simkon

It takes a while, the closer it is to Christmas the longer it takes and it takes seemingly forever if you send it in December or January.

jbsmith

Quote from: RLS on November 14, 2010, 09:46:36 AM
how long does it take for bachman to fix and send back a locomotive

i sent in a 2-8-0....it took about two weeks,,,as stated earlier it might take longer the closer we get to the Big Holiday season. 
If you have other locos,by all means enjoy them while the other is absent,,,time flies when having fun.

simkon

I have sent in several the shortest wait time was just under 3 months (sent in June) the longest was almost 6 months (sent in December). I also had extenuating circumstances the time I sent it in June, because they had to wait on a part to fix it. It varies widely depending on the situation, when you send it in, and how busy they are at the given point in time.

RLS

what are the chances on getting it back before christmas (i sent it on NOV.4)