News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Availlibility of paticular unit!

Started by noncngdriver, November 04, 2010, 12:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

noncngdriver

Actually Mr. Bachmann, I have a question, and the Q is, Feb. 28, 2010, my wife and I bought a DCC GP 30, but it didn't have sound! Do U sell that unit w/ sound or just DCC?
Ta
I hope and pray that as we play, we remember that we should always have funn!!! If U can't have funn there's no need 2 play or stay a child @ heart! God bless and have funn w Ur choo choo!!!

the Bach-man

Dear Driver,
As yet, we have no diesels with sound.
Soundtraxx makes an excellent decoder.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

simkon

I'm not the Bach-man, but Bachmann trains does not make any diesel or electric locomotives in any scale with factory installed sound decoders, nor does Bachmann sell any aftermarket sound decoders. You could purchase a sound decoder separately from Soundtraxx or another company, but the loco you purchased does not have too much room for a speaker and baffle, which would be an issue. If you have a friend experienced in DCC decoder installations and with tools to make room for a speaker then you may be able to do it. But I would consider it a pretty difficult job for a beginner, but if you are pretty experienced and have access to a mill and other tools then you should be able to make it fit. Also, the GP30 has the decoder in the board, and that would need to be removed and replaced by a hard-wired sound decoder.

richg

Below is a link to some Bachmann decoder installs. Look carefully and you will see a couple decoder installs in diesels. You can see what the frame looks like.

http://home.comcast.net/~mjmx/bachmann.htm

You will need some experience at doing something like this.
There are sound equipped diesels by other manufactures but I will not mention them here.

Do a google search for diesel sound dcc and include HO if that is the scale you model in.
Do some careful shopping as there are some good prices out there at different on line shops. As an example, List Price $350.00 Super Buy Price $177.95
for a Bachmann decapod with sound at one place I buy from.

Rich