News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC Controled switches

Started by jlester343, November 04, 2010, 01:45:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlester343

I have two of the EZ Track DCC Crossover switches.  They respond to switch position 3.  I am using a Digitrax controler.  How can I reprogram them so each of the 4 switches had a different number?

OldTimer

The best place to look for answers to questions dealing with Digitrax products is the Digitrax knowledge base.  Look here:

http://tsd.digitrax.com//index.php?a=1492

These instructions are for the Zephyr, but if you have another system, you should be able to figure out the key presses.   Read your instructions.  Good Luck.
OldTimer
Just workin' on the railroad.

RunningTrains

Quote from: jlester343 on November 04, 2010, 01:45:06 PM
I have two of the EZ Track DCC Crossover switches.  They respond to switch position 3.  I am using a Digitrax controler.  How can I reprogram them so each of the 4 switches had a different number?

You'll first need to check to see if you have the second run of DCC switches, the first run had decoders without a memory chip.
Bachmann will replace these if that is your problem.
I have a MRC Advance DCC system & using the ACCY feature, can number my switches by using a pen or something similar to hold the button down in the switch assembly - it will look like a nail hole but larger.

Assign a number to each switch - my Advance unit then assigns a number to it and I have to keep a written copy so I know the value of each it's also stored the the DCC.

You have to decide if #1 or #2 is straight thru or the turn.

Hope this helps.

John