News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Custom Loco Faceplates

Started by ThomasFan247, March 31, 2010, 09:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThomasFan247

Hellooo fellow modellers!  ;D

I've been wanting my locos to have different facial expressions for awhile and I wasn't sure what to do. But then a light from above shone down on the left-hand button called "ORDER PARTS", where I found face plates for most of the wonderful Bachmann T&F models  ;D I decided to buy some (well, I decided for my mom to buy some FOR me :P) and I modified them a bit and THESE are the RESULTS!

Happy (Normal)

Angy/Cross

Sad/Disappointed

Surprised/Shocked

Faceless ::)

If you can't already tell, I'm a bit loooooopy today for some unknown reason, but a...yea. Tell me what y'all thank! ;D

alex wittman

well I have to say they are pretty impressive and I am planning to do the same thing, but I will buy only One faceplate and sculpy three, and some plastic mouldings and plastic liquid so I can place the sculpy on over the eyes or mouth area for the different expressions and eyebrow expression. but thats my plan, looks like your plan worked for you. nice job mate.

ThomasFan247

Thanx. I was planning on doing what u did but my mom didnt want to spend the money, since we're getting inovations on our house this monday :P but I thought i might aswell use this method as ive used it for my TPJ loco faces.

Duke

The last picture looks like a robot ;D
Thomas - Henry - Percy/Toby/Emily - Spencer - Gordon/James - Edward/Mavis - Salty - Bill/Ben - Donald/Douglas - Diesel - Duck - 'Arry - Bert - Skarloey - Oliver - Rheneas/Rosie - Rusty

TobyTheTram16

Richie

Join my Thomas and modelling forums at http://modelsofsodor.proboards.com/index.cgi/ Please, we only have 3 members!

thomasfreak5

awsome! im gonna do that! bachmann should do what lionel did!
" You never see my paint dirty "
                                          - James

thomasforever1

Quote from: ThomasFan247 on March 31, 2010, 09:21:17 PM
Hellooo fellow modellers!  ;D

I've been wanting my locos to have different facial expressions for awhile and I wasn't sure what to do. But then a light from above shone down on the left-hand button called "ORDER PARTS", where I found face plates for most of the wonderful Bachmann T&F models  ;D I decided to buy some (well, I decided for my mom to buy some FOR me :P) and I modified them a bit and THESE are the RESULTS!

Happy (Normal)

Angy/Cross

Sad/Disappointed

Surprised/Shocked

Faceless ::)

If you can't already tell, I'm a bit loooooopy today for some unknown reason, but a...yea. Tell me what y'all thank! ;D
Where do you get them         

Happy (Normal)

PerfectPercy

Quote from: ThomasFan247 on March 31, 2010, 09:21:17 PM
I've been wanting my locos to have different facial expressions for awhile and I wasn't sure what to do. But then a light from above shone down on the left-hand button called "ORDER PARTS", where I found face plates for most of the wonderful Bachmann T&F models  ;D I decided to buy some (well, I decided for my mom to buy some FOR me :P) and I modified them a bit and THESE are the RESULTS!

Order parts is now called "Parts & Service" and it is located at the top of the web-page. The faces are a couple of dollars each and you have to make your own expression out of the happy face. I'm not sure of his methods, but I would bet that he used something to carve away at the smile, etc. and just changed the entire face. You can't just buy the faces, you have to make them.

Cheers

fighter4luv

I wish Thomas' face resembled the one used from the first few television series. To me, the one Bachmann ended up just didn't look right (except for the Large Scale one). I'd love to make it myself I don't believe I have the resources to sculpt.

PasqualeCS96

A Hornby Thomas face on a Bachmann Thomas, you can even cut the eyes out on the Hornby face so it can have moving eyes on the Bachmann model.

JD417

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on November 27, 2010, 09:48:26 AM
A Hornby Thomas face on a Bachmann Thomas, you can even cut the eyes out on the Hornby face so it can have moving eyes on the Bachmann model.

like mine!  ;D  ;)

fighter4luv

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on November 27, 2010, 09:48:26 AM
That sounds like a pretty good idea :)