News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

4-6-0

Started by joegideon, November 11, 2010, 07:34:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joegideon

AMAZING... It's been more than two months since I saw a new Bachmann Spectrum 4-6-0 in Magazines, on the Brooklyn site and a few other places.  But on the Bachmann site- ZERO.

Almost as amazing is that no one else has asked about the first ever mass-produced Ten-wheeler in N-scale history!!??                     
Don't they notify you anymore? 

Interesting stat:When the Heavy mountain was announced, I read about it first on the ATLAS Forum!

JEEZ!

David Leonard

There was considerable discussion on this board regarding the 4-6-0 in the weeks following its July announcement ( http://www.bachmanntrains.com/2010_NMRA.pdf ) but you'd think something would be posted under "Product Information" or in the Photo Gallery. If these locos are close to delivery, why not more info and photos??

dtpowell

The Bachmann 4-6-0 may be the first mass produced "U.S." model, but certainly not in the world. Check out Bachmann's UK site and look at Graham Farish. N scale. What's surprising to me is Bachmann does't seem to share the technologies with their divisions. Graham Farish has some Gems too. I have the Jubilee and have the LNER B1 on order. Dapol in Wales, UK, Fleischmann and Trix also mass produce fine N scale 4-6-0's

Roger Perkins

:)
I have been awaiting further word on the arrival of this locomotive and also am especially curious since 10 November 2010 was the date posted previously.
Like the other person, I have noticed the engine for reserve at BLW.

What is the current ETA?

the Bach-man

Dear All,
I believe they're on the water, but I should have an update tomorrow.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Lt Jim

the Bach-man

Just got back to the hotel...
The first batch of the ten wheelers will be in before Christmas- late November or early December. They will be followed by more in April.
Have fun!
the Bach-man