News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Leftovers

Started by jonathan, November 21, 2010, 06:45:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonathan

After building some recent kits, I had some leftover decals, wire, ladders, brakewheels, paint, etc.  Gathered enough parts to modify my bobber caboose, to better suit my B&O theme. C-1775 is parked at the B&O RR Museum.  It proved to be too small for me to get the details just right.  But it came close enough for me:

Here's the prototype:
http://www.northeast.railfan.net/images/boC1775.jpg

All the windows are glazed... doesn't show up in the photos (lighting issue I guess).

I had two red jewels leftover, that I added to the lamps, but I couldn't get the camera to focus up close.

Regards,

Jonathan

sparkyjay31

Wow.  It looks REALLY good to me.  A little weathering up and dulling of the paint and it should look even better.  Keep up the good work!

Jay
Southern New Hampshire around 1920 in HO
NCE Power Cab DCC
Long live B&M steam!

J3a-614

She does look good; like those cut levers for the couplers!

Those little 4-wheelers were always jewels in the railroad world; no wonder fans and modelers alike love them so.

Now, as others have suggested, if we could get more Camelbacks to pull the coal trains these ran behind. . .

Jim Banner

Nice work.  Really nice work.

It takes a brave man to show his work and a link to the original both in the same posting.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

full maxx

J. you always do great work...nice attention to detail would you be willing to mail me some of your patience and skill
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

jonathan

Thanks, all, for the kind words.

I still consider my modeling skills somewhat mediocre, as there are little errors to be found, if you look close.  Even with the little boo-boos, kitbashing is a great deal of fun, and very rewarding when one can create a one-of-a-kind model.

My hope is others will share more of their work on the forum.  I know there are very skilled folks out there.  And there are those of us who are thirsty for knowledge. 

For my part, I will keep showing my work, warts and all.  Hopefully, the pics and descriptions will serve as a springboard for others to jump in and try their hand at it.

Thanks again.

Jonathan

Woody Elmore

Jon - your work is far from mediocre. You could do articles for MR or RMC. I like the little bobber. All it needs is a pot-bellied conductor waving from one of the platforms!

Here's hoping you and your family have a simply great Thanksgiving. Get your list for Santa ready!