National Bring a Model Train To Work Day

Started by Joe323, November 19, 2010, 09:32:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe323

According to Walthers Today is National Bring A Model Train to Work Day.  I brought pne of my locos in to spark a discussion of the hobby.  Did anyone else?

jonathan

I was unaware of the special day.

However, I happen to have two models with me at work.  I have an AMTRAK Dash-8 (Pepsi Can) on display in my window sill.  Also, I brought a caboose project to show a co-worker who is a modeler, like me.

Happy NBMTWD!

Jonathan

CNE Runner

Joe - I am retired; but have all my trains in an adjacent room...does that count? All kidding aside, this is a good idea and may foster interest for our hobby in a coworker.

Regards,
Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

NarrowMinded

Never heard of that but I have all my online buys shipped to my work address, I end up opening them and showing them to anybody that's interested, after showing off a few large scale spectrum items just about everyone in there has bought a train for their "kids" or under the Christmas tree.

NM

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: NarrowMinded on November 20, 2010, 03:34:27 AM
Never heard of that but I have all my online buys shipped to my work address, I end up opening them and showing them to anybody that's interested, after showing off a few large scale spectrum items just about everyone in there has bought a train for their "kids" or under the Christmas tree.

NM

Lucky. We're not allowed to have packages shipped to us where I work.  :(  I live in a high-rise building, and if we didn't have a front desk clerk and secure package storage I don't know what I'd do.  :-\