News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Shay Tender Weight

Started by Steam Freak, November 20, 2010, 05:13:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steam Freak

Does Bachmann plan make oil and coal tender weights available to buy in the parts list for the HO Shay? I've been really looking to buy an oil weight for the bunker.

jbsmith

I can not answer for Bachmann,,only Bachmann Admins can rightfully do that.

But in the meantime,,,,
Why not make your own?
If they are to be installed internally,,here are a couple of ideas for your consideration.

Sinkers,,just look in the fishing section of a sporting goods dept.

Pennies are the least expensive weights of all.

Maybe a spot of glue to hold things in place, or tape.

Doneldon

Freak-

Making your own is a fine way to add weight.  You can use what jbsmith suggested or go beyond to pieces from that can of odd hardware you've been accumulating all of your life, extra plumbing components or odd pieces of heavy stuff you have laying around.  I suggest using double-sided tape or (best) plastic-compatible construction adhesive or caulk.  Their extra body will help them hold things in place much better and longer than just glue.  Also, try to keep your weight as low in the car as possible for maximum stability.
                                                                                                      -- D

jbsmith

Other items you might already have,,,Nuts from nut and bolt,,,metal washers,,,Dimes,,,BBs,,,lead shot,,,track nails,,
That coal/oil tender is not very  large,,so what ever will Fit and has weight to it for its size.
I take it you mean the Middle part,,just behind the cab,,and forward of the water tank part where the DCC stuff is?

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/81907.pdf

http://estore.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=66_68_92&sort=20a&page=1

Steam Freak

I guess I should have been more clear. Sorry about that. I'm looking for a bunker oil load. The parts list for the 3 truck shay doesn't have one.