News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Service in Canada

Started by catlikegoose, November 24, 2010, 10:22:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catlikegoose

Is there a place in the province of Quebec where we can have our HO locomotives repaired?

simkon

No, you must send them in to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in the United States to be repaired.
Here is the address:
Bachmann Customer Service
1400 East Erie Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19124

And here is the warranty information, read it carefully to ensure you are not forgetting anything:
Bachmann's Lifetime Limited Warranty covers motorized units only. Under the warranty, Bachmann can decide whether to repair or replace an item at their discretion.
Items less than a year old are fully covered and will be serviced or replaced at no charge when accompanied with warranty card and proof of purchase.
For items more than one year old, there is a nominal service charge for repair or replacement:
$15.00 - All standard non-DCC locos (excluding Large Scale)
$25.00 - Standard DCC and Spectrum® N and HO
$30.00 - Williams, On30, and Standard Line large scale
$40-$50 - DCC upgrade fee (sometimes mandatory if your locomotive is DC but is now only offered as DCC)
$50.00 - Large scale Spectrum®
All accessories, power packs and speed controllers, and Plasticville USA® items are covered for 90 days only.

Jim Banner

catlikegoose,
Before you go sending your H0 locomotives off to Philadelphia for repair, make sure they were made by/for Bachmann USA.  Bachmann Industries in Philadelphia does not repair locomotives made/sold by other companies or by Bachmann UK.

For simple repairs or for repairs not covered by warranty, visit your local hobby shop.  Many hobby shops have a reliable repair person either in store or on contract.  Some routine maintenance and repairs, like cleaning wheels, lubricating gears and axles, or changing couplers you can do yourself (although I suspect you already know that, I mention it for readers who do not.)

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

WoundedBear

I may be dating myself just by having something with this address on it......but I remember when Bachmann cared about Canadians enough to have a Canadian office ::)

Bachmann
Unit #4-120 West Beaver Creek Road
Richmond Hill, Ontario
L4B 1L2

Maybe it's time for one again? Speak up, Canucks.

Sid

simkon

I think it shut down in like 1996.

bobwrgt

What kind of problems are you having?? What is broken?? Some of the fixes are easy and you can get help from this forum. If the train is still under warranty perhaps Bachmann will send you the parts needed.

Bob