News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

3 Truck Climax CV mods

Started by jdmike, November 27, 2010, 11:57:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdmike

Started playing with the CV's on my DCC/Sound equipted Climax.  To get your headlight to spool up and down with the generator function(F5 button), you need to change CV's 49 and 50 to a value of 15.  After this mod you need to have the generator running to get the headlight on via the headlight button or F0 on your controler.  I set my master sound (CV 128) to a value of 25.  The fast chuffing gets annoying if its to loud.  I find this setting excellent for home layout use, at a club or modular meet in a show enviroment, a louder setting might be needed to hear the sounds.   This sound is about perfect, espicaly in idle, step near the engine and you can hear the pumps working and other boiler related sounds, step away and they fade into the background noise just like they should.   Operation is smoothing out the more I run it around my small loop of track.   I have not played with the LED compensation yet to see if it improves the spool up and down of the headlight as the generator comes up to speed.   This model exceedes any brass model so far in detail as well as out of the box running with just a simple lubrication job.  Still havent decided on what road name she will wear as mine is a painted/striped but unlettered version.   I love the whistle, reminds me of the whistle on the "19" in Emperor of the North.   Mike