News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

H O Train Sets

Started by rcbufalino, November 17, 2010, 07:49:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcbufalino

Does Bachmann sell sets that does not include the tracks, I'm looking for a complete train line but will not need any of the track.  Also
are the wheels on Bachmann trains steel, or are some plastic.

simkon

All Bachmann's train sets include track, if you do not need track just buy a locomotive and rolling stock separately. Also, none of Bachmann's HO trains have steel wheels, but some have Nickel-Silver and some are plastic, if you buy Silver-Series Freight cars the wheels are all Nickel-Silver. In all the train sets sold at most retailers the freight cars included have plastic wheels and are only standard series cars.

Jim Banner

Try eBay.  I picked up a "Train Set Without Power Pack or Track" on eBay for about 1/4 the price of a complete train set.  I suspect buyers looking for a train set were not interested in a train set with pieces missing and people wanting a complete train to run on their layout were not interested in buying a set.  I wanted a complete train but wasn't interested in paying shipping to Canada on parts I didn't need.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

4-8-4unionpacific

Whats the cheapest train set Bachman sales?

simkon

Quote from: 4-8-4unionpacific on November 28, 2010, 02:08:07 PM
Whats the cheapest train set Bachman sales?
The Santa Fe Flyer, The Pacific Flyer and the Thoroughbred are all the 3 cheapest Bachmann train sets. The MSRP is $97, but you can often find them at your local hobby shop or an online dealer for around $50.