News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bottom Bunk Layout Suggestions?

Started by Growlithe, December 05, 2010, 09:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Growlithe

ok, so im building my very first layout  ;D and i need some ideas. my layout will be using wide radius curves (for my beloved acela =]) on the bottom bunk of my bed, i removed my bottom mattress and the board and raised the plywood up so it is flush with the edges, but i cant get past either the simple oval or the figure eight. i would like to have a larger layout but my parents wont let me build anywhere in the house (ahh the troubles of being fourteen and unimployed). with this limited space i was wondering if you wonderful forum people would like to post pics of some layout ideas or just give some simple suggestions. oh and by the way, i am using the woodland scenics mountain valley scenery kit for my layout and my grandpa is coming out to my house for christmas and we are going to build the layout together over about 5 days to a week (is that even possible?)

Thank you!

Growlithe

simkon

Most layouts will take at least a few months to complete, many people spend a lifetime building a layout and never quite finish. It all depends on the amount of detail you will have, the amount of space you are modeling, and the experience of the modelers.

Ken G Price

I used the link Hunt gave,went to the WS site. This looks like a great way to learn many of the skills you will need to have a good looking layout. Nothing like this was available when I first started with N-scale in 1978.

Ken G Price N-Scale out west. 1995-1996 or so! UP, SP, MoPac.
Pictures Of My Layout, http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss115/kengprice/

mhampton

You might also want to visit Mike Fischer's trackplan page and see some of the layout plans presented there.  They're all N scale.  None will be an exact fit for your space, but you'll find a plethora of ideas.

Growlithe

thanks for all the help guys, i really appreciate it

robcope

I think it is great that you are doing this.  Doubtful, you will get it done in five days, but what a great time you will have with your Grand Pa.  Good luck and don't worry about completion, just enjoy the experience, you will remember it forever.