News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO Train with Slot Cars

Started by HamptonT, December 06, 2010, 06:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HamptonT

Can a Bachmann train track be coupled with a slot car system? Using a train/slot car crossing?

simkon

Are you referring to the life-like piece that has a slot car/rr crossing? If so the piece is made to hook up to the life-like track with a roadbed. You would need to make an adapter section of track to go from Bachmann E-Z track to Life-Like Power-Loc track. There is a life-like train set that comes with the piece.

richg

I have seen the crossing for sale separately. Do a Google search for slot car railroad crossing. Good chance you get some hits.

Rich

simkon

It is available separately, but it requires Life-Like slot car track and Life-Like Power-Loc track unless you make transition pieces.

HamptonT

I'm fairly handy. How hard would you say it would be to make the "transition" piece for Life-Like to Bachmann track?

simkon

It is not too hard, but it should not be necessary as the piece is now compatible with conventional track like flex-track. So you just need to put cork under the flex track to bring it to the height of the E-Z track and then ballast to match the Bachmann track. As long as you have Life-Like track for your slot cars then it'll be pretty easy
The piece is shown below:

*The above photo is the property of Wm. K. Walthers Incorporated/Life-Like Trains.

Jhanecker2

also  life-like makes a transition track from Powe-Lok to any other  track using track clips. Transition track is available in steel with black roadbed and nickel silver with gray roadbed . John 2

WTierce1

The train set that includes both from lifelike has the power-loc to flex track converter. My hobby has the E-Z track to power-loc converter in nickel silver. Now all I need to find is the power-loc to flex track in nickel silver. I know they have to have it because if you look at the illustration in one of the Walthers catalogues the use E-Z track and use nickel silver converters.
A fan of the Tennessee Valley Railroad

Joe323

Quote from: wtierce on December 08, 2010, 03:48:38 PM
The train set that includes both from lifelike has the power-loc to flex track converter. My hobby has the E-Z track to power-loc converter in nickel silver. Now all I need to find is the power-loc to flex track in nickel silver. I know they have to have it because if you look at the illustration in one of the Walthers catalogues the use E-Z track and use nickel silver converters.

Its the same piece you need to raise the flex track with roadbed to match the power loc track

Jhanecker2

to wtierce : on wathers web site Gray road bed transtion Track  P/N #433-21344 page 242 Walters 2011 HO scale Refence catalog  .  on sale today for $3.98    . J2.

WTierce1

Quote from: Jhanecker2 on December 09, 2010, 08:07:21 PM
to wtierce : on wathers web site Gray road bed transtion Track  P/N #433-21344 page 242 Walters 2011 HO scale Refence catalog  .  on sale today for $3.98    . J2.

So I only need that one for all my needs? Something I would think is that it would need to be brought down to plain un-roadbed track height? ???
A fan of the Tennessee Valley Railroad

Jhanecker2

The transition piece only allows you to connect to any other type of track that utilizes  Code 100 rails such as EZ track , Atlas Snap track , etc, matching the road bed is left to you .  Connecting to other rail heights is possible with other brands of transitional track and or transitional track clips like the Atlas Code 100 to Code 83 clips .  J2