Bachmann Daylight?? Collector item? Value?

Started by rockinjohn83, December 13, 2010, 01:17:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockinjohn83

Hello. I dont know squat about HO scale or trains in general, but I discovered an old box of trains i had in storage. I havent seen many of these since i was very young but some of them look like they might be collectors items. Particularly one of them. Its a Bachmann Model of the Daylight engine and tender. Theres lots of numbers associated with it. (GS4 4-8-4, Engine number 4449, Train #99, Bachmann Items No. 55007 etc.)

Can anyone tell help me figure out how i can get an estimated value on this train as it is in the box? I'll try to upload some pics too. I dont really plan on selling it i dont think, but i just want to get an idea of its worth. Thanks!

Jim Banner

Check on eBay to see what this locomotive has sold for in the past.  If you are not a member on eBay, you will have to register in order to see prices on completed auctions.  Registration is available only to persons over 18 so if you are less than 18, you will have to find an adult willing to look up this information for you.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

simkon

If it has DCC it is worth about $75, if not it is worth about $40.

RAM

It sounds to me like it is the early model and if you can get $25.00 for it, take it.