News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

E-Z track remote turnouts - wiring

Started by jsdranger, December 13, 2010, 08:47:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsdranger

I am in serious need of help!!!!!  I am far from an electrical person, and am having issues with wiring remote turnouts.

I am using E-Z track from Bachmann with the provided remote turnouts.  I purchased the golden spike track set and the Hobby Track Pack. 

I have set up an oval with turnouts connecting both sides of the oval so i have a big oval and a small oval.  My problem here is the wiring.  I have connected the remote turnout to the small provided switch with the 3 prongs coming out of the back of the switch plate and have done this for both remote turnouts.  I have connected the 2 turnouts together so they are paired and easy for switching when the time comes. 

My problem here now is how do i connect the remote turnout switches so that they work properly? 

Any help with pictures is greatly appreciated or a link to a website that has wiring for dummies is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

the Bach-man

Dear JS,
Connect the two wires on the control box to the AC terminals of your power pack. Each controller picks up power from the end controller. The three conductor wires go from each controller to its respective turnout.
Happy Holidays!
the Bach-man

jsdranger

Bach-mann

Thank you for that information.  My one question here is, the wires that came with the turnouts have connections already on them for easy connection.  Should i cut the wire and than connect them to the power pack? that is the red wire i would be running from the power pack to the remote switch, and the green wire from the remote switch to the turnout.

Thank you

the Bach-man

Dear JS,
The two conductor wire goes to the power pack; the three conductor to the turnouts.
You can cut off the connectors if doing so makes it easier to connect to your AC terminals.
Happy Holidays!
the Bach-man