Train set -- Bachmann Pacific Flyer Has a Smoke Unit ?

Started by alejandro7161, December 17, 2010, 11:04:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alejandro7161

Hello i have a doubt about these steam locomotive 0-6-0

if these locomotive has include the smoke unit generator?

Thanks you

The best regards

Alejandro

Doneldon

alejandro-

The 0-6-0 which is sold separately does have smoke but I've seen nothing about the ones included in sets which mentions smoke.  This is true for both the Pacific Flyer set and the 0-6-0 which is included as "free" with one of the EZCommand DCC systems.  So I'm assuming the set 0-6-0s don't smoke.  But don't feel bad.  Smoke is a very mixed blessing.  Yes, it can look cool, but only if you keep your loco revving at high speeds for long enough to really get the smoker cooking.  And then all of that smoke, which is really evaporated mineral oil, deposits itself on your loco and track, causing appearance and maintenance problems.
                                                                                                                                -- D

alejandro7161

Thanks for the information. I just already request a smoke unit for this locomotive. I saw the diagram of the locomotive and compare iwith the  model of Bachmann Trains Usra 0-6-0  4432  and the conclusion is the same machine, but the difference is doesn't came with the smoke unit.

;) ;D