News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Harry Potter engine

Started by corto64, December 26, 2010, 12:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corto64

I bought for XMAS Harry potter  train but I plugged  the wire to the accessories slot, and I think I damage the loco engine, it goes very slowly and smell like burning >:(.  Do I need to buy a new engine??? ???

Kris Everett

i dont know. can you do this? flip the train over and their are 4 to six screws on the bottom of the loco look at the paper that came with the set "the exploded view of the train" open it up. do you see anything black near the motor? let us know

WTierce1

Well first of all, you shouldent of hooked it up to the A.C. current acsessory terminals. You should have hooked it to the D.C. terminals. Do that and see what happens.
A fan of the Tennessee Valley Railroad

Kris Everett

i think he knows that and he said that his kids did it by accident so if that happened the motor is more than likely burned out but it be a might just be a burned wire so if he dose what i asked then we will know what to do.

corto64

Thank you guys for your fast answer, so now the loco just run very lowwww at max speed  and the motor smell, I open it and no trace of black marck on the engine,
How come the loco can broke so fast because of wrong wire (A.C. current acsessory terminals)

thanks

Kris Everett

mainly because the motor is a DC motor not a AC two differant current types.

do you have a digital volt meter. if not i would get one it is allways got to have one when you work with trains. cheeck the track voltage if thats good then do an omhs test on the track and the train this will tell you if you have any problems with either the train or track. both could be problems.