News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

gear grease

Started by full maxx, December 24, 2010, 12:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full maxx

just wondering if its normal for the ez lube gear grease to get real thin like water...been a while since I used it but I can pour it out of the container...wasn't like that last time
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

jbsmith

Did it need to be stirred up like paint that has been sitting a Long time?
Was it hot in the room?  Chemical breakdown over time perhaps?

I recently went to a hobby shop looking for Bachmanns conductive lube. They had one.
The bottle had been sitting there unsold for so long the bottle was EMPTY.  The same thing with the other
bottles of Bachmann lubes they had,all empty,the blister packages were unopened,they had been sitting there for so long.  Must have leaked or evaporated out,,well Something happened.  Next time i went there all were pulled from the shelves.

There are other greases,,La Belle comes to mind,,i am sure others will have some good input too.

Jim Banner

Try keeping your E-Z Lube Gear Grease in the refrigerator.  That will make it much easier to apply with the point of a tooth pick.  For those of us used to gear grease as thick as honey, these high tech, low loss greases seem like they are too thin to possibly work.  But they do.  Somehow they stick to the cogs (gear teeth) and stay slippery even under pressure.  For best results, clean off all the old grease before applying E-Z Lube Gear Grease.  (In a pinch, you can cheat a bit and let it mix with the old gear grease.  It will still lube the gears, but not to its full potential.)

Conductive oil is extremely thin.  Not all bottles will keep it in.  Many industrial solvents are sold in multilayer plastic bottles for this reason and perhaps that would be the solution here too.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

full maxx

yeah I stirred it before I posted and it was still thin...fridge sounds like a good idea
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com