News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

50-ton 2-truck Climax diesassembly

Started by Citroen, January 19, 2011, 06:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Citroen

How can I get the cab off the boiler? I have the trucks off and the boiler free, and I've even taken the roof light off, but it looks like I need to take the cab off to free the rear light wires that are preventing me from getting the boiler clear of the frame.

My problem is that something in the gearbox is slipping, so I need to take it appart to find the problem. However, I can't get the cab/boiler out of the way to open up the top end of the gearbox.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Adrian

LooseClu

Perhaps my answer is too simplistic but if I recall correctly the gear train is exposed via plates on the underside- three machine screws easily accessed.  I know I had mine apart several times (to repair split gears) and I never pulled the boiler off to do so.  Getting to the motor is another story but I never had to do that and can only suggest you look at the exploded diagram hidden somewhere on the Bachmann web pages.  I once thought it would be easier to detail the cab interrior  if I removed the cab but dropped that idea after looking at that diagram a few years ago.  I think I pulled the tender body instead of the cab.... too much work to remove the cab.          Roy