News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Climax

Started by Nathan, December 29, 2010, 04:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nathan

My new Climax arrived today.  Well worth the wait.  Look forward to using it at a train show with my Heisler, two truck and three truck Shay's.

Mine had the CV-29 Reverse Bit set from the factory.

Anctmariner17

I got one for Christmas, used from a train show.  There was a VHS video enclosed in mione but I don't have a VHS player and don't know anyone who still uses VHS.  Is that what you got, too?

Nathan

No, that is the old style Climax.  The new ones come with a DVD, have a place for a speaker, have a board inside that makes adding sound, radio control, or command control easy.  They also have available units with DCC and Sound installed.  I have the unit with DCC and Sound.

Jon D. Miller

Anctmariner,

Since you bought one of the first edition Climax locomotives you may want to check the rear drive shaft.

Chances are the rear drive shaft has not been upgraded to the two piece drive shaft pictured above.  Without the two piece drive shaft the gear box will be subject to locking up.  Torque from the two motor blocks feeding into the gear box will cause the problem.

If your Climax doesn't have the drive shaft pictured there's a good possibility one of the universal joints or other drive line components will be broken.

Bachmann service should be able to supply the two piece dirve shaft.

"One of the Enthusiastic Children"

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

smcgill

PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  8)
We want to see the new unit!  ;D
Can you post pics of the trucks?   ???
How does it run?   ???
I do wish B'man would sell the trucks seperate to upgrade the older unit!   ???
Sean

glennk28

I'd like to buy an oil bunker to update my first run Climax--Will parts dept have them?  or does someone want to sell one you're not going to use?

Thanks--Glenn Joesten

Chris9017

The new models look amazing.  My old model I have had nothing but problems with, so I hope this new one will be just fine.  :)

Nathan

The new Climax got a good work out at a train show this last weekend.  Lots of good comments, had it running with the 2 truck and 3 truck Shay's and the Heisler.

Went to change the coupler height to run with my Big Hauler cars.  Called service, the holes they talk about in the instruction manual are not easy to see.  Once Rodney gave me a better idea of where to look, he had to get a new unit form stock, the change went quick.  I have asked him to try and get some one with a good camera to put up better pictures then in the manual.

Thanks Rodney!