News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Green and red wires

Started by Tricia, January 03, 2011, 08:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tricia

I am a new train owner. I received a Chattanooga bachmann for Xmas and decided it was time to build a track ( scene ) so I bought more track the bachmann (your first railroad track pack).  The track pack came with long green and red wires. The track has green wires attached on each switch section. I do not understand how to hook it up.  One  section of red wire has no connection at one end. I assume that is the section the goes in my control box, however i am not sure.  Nothing I do seems to make a difference. Please help, my table is built I need to drill holes for the wires and start building my scene. 

the Bach-man

Dear Tricia,
The switch controls are designed so that you only have to attach one to the power pack, using the two wire lead to the AC terminals. Then snap each subsequent controller into the one next to it. Then run the three wire harness to each individual switch.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Doneldon

Tricia-

Welcome to the hobby and this board. I know I speak for many when I assure you that you'll have a good time with your trains.

This HO section is the best place to ask questions or share insights about HO models. It's best, too, to limit your questions to a single board so people aren't trying to answer you multiple times.

-- D