News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

usra 2-6-6-2

Started by jg451, January 05, 2011, 04:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jg451

To responsible expert,
I  was fortunate to purchase a brand new 2-6-6-2 in W&LE colors about a month or so ago. However, in the first 15 minutes of otherwise excellent operation, the loco threw a valve rod. On examination I was able to ascertain the What and Why my new charge came to such an abrupt halt. Why on earth engineering chose to rivet the entire valve gear Except for the valve rod escapes me. Tediously, I was able to tickle the rod, with it's little pin, back between the guides that hopefully hold it in place. Back To Running! Within 10 more minutes of running at BMRC's premier show'I now have a loco with Three valve rods out, with one rod lost heaven knows where, and both engines now jammed. OK. Crap happens. I can send my otherwise excellent machanism back to BACHMANN for replacment(I'd keep the shell since I doubt you"d have another W&LE superstructure), but I have no expection that a new mechanism would fair any better with what I consider a design flaw. On the other hand, I do have rivets and valve rods that I can happily install. Of course if I do, any warrenty in existence goes out the window. I would not air this in an open forum if I had any other way to easily contact your repair desk for a chat. I like this engine. What do I do? Thanks,   jg451

GN.2-6-8-0

jg451
You'll do best by calling them on your dime at 1-215-533-1600 ,ask for Bridget believe she's still the go to person at Bachmann repairs /replacement Dept.
your most likely right that they'll not have a W&LE engine available but ask! yeah never know you may get lucky.....
Rocky Lives