News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EMD FT-A Loco not responding

Started by rt, January 06, 2011, 02:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rt

my EMD GP40 is responding to all controls accurately, however, the FT-A does not.  As soon as power is connected, the FT-A begins to run forward at what appears to be top speed.  It does not respond to any commands except for the emergency stop.  This is a recent purchase and i am new to DCC so any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

RT

jbsmith

Obvious question is,,,,is the FT a DCC loco?  The FT is offered in DCC and DC versions.

rt

yes it is DCC.  As soon as it gets power it begins forward regardless of throttle or direction.

bobwrgt

Sounds like a problem in the electronics. I would try to return it for another or credit. If it is used who knows what has happened to the circuit board. Have you tried it on DC only??

Bob

rt

i have not tried it on a DC only system.  I will try that and see what happens.  Thanks again for your reply.

Hellhound

Had an FTA that fried the DCC board. It still runs on DC but the headlight is out. I donated that unit to the kids and bought a replacement.

Billm10454

I've had the same thing happen a few times with a digitrax decoder and it was a bad decoder. I recently sent back a TSC decoder with the same problem.