Bachmann 0-6-0 Slope Tender with DCC & Smoke

Started by Over-Under, January 03, 2011, 06:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over-Under

Received a new Bachmann 0-6-0 for Christmas, Finally got the program address changed from "03".  Engine runs great, except does not smoke. Instructions say put a few drops of smoke fluid in smoke stack. The instructions also show a switch in the cab for smoke "On - Off". Tried both ways and run the train for several minutes. It just will not smoke... Any help out there with this problem?

ACY

The smoke is not reliable in this engine, try running it at full speed for 15 minutes then you should get smoke, but once you turn down the speed, you will lose the smoke.

Over-Under

Thank You and I will try that tomorrow. Let you know how it came out.

Doneldon

O-U -

Keep in mind that the smoke comes from vaporized mineral oil which will condense upon leaving your stack and deposit itself on the top of your loco, track, scenery and so on. It can create a real mess which, IMHO, isn't worth the puny wisp which the smoker puts out.
                                                                                                                                                                          -- D

WTierce1

I have been wondering if they realy had smoke! That helps. I may think about getting one now.
A fan of the Tennessee Valley Railroad

jbsmith

use  4 or 5 drops of fluid.
Run the loco at 75% of full throttle or greater.
Should start to see smoke after 2 minutes give or take.

Over-Under

You are all right. It does work running at a high speed after some time. And thanks telling me about the mess it will make. I know now to not let it smoke....