Bachmann H0 2-8-4- BERKSHIRE STEAM LOCO W/TENDER DCC ITEM NO. 50902

Started by neurorad, January 19, 2011, 06:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neurorad

Hi, I bought the Bachmann H0 2-8-4- BERKSHIRE STEAM LOCO W/TENDER DCC ITEM NO. 50902 with a Walthers Heavyweight Paired Windows Coach Pennsylvania (WALTHER ITEM N. 932-1004) but I can't run them on my Hornby-Fleishmann Layout.
I'd like to built a basic oval layout (55 inch lenght maximum).
I know I should use a 24'' radius curves
Pleease can you suggest wich Bachman ITEM NO I have to order to get the 360° curve (180° + 180°) with a 24'' radius
Then 1 left and 1 right EZ tournouts (maybe the #6 Turnout) Product Code: 44560 for the right)
I want the Nickel Silver E-Z Track (with gray roadbed) 
By browsing your web/store site I found :

24'' Radius curved Curved Nickel silver track and gray roadbed - I haven't seen in yor web then I move on to the
26" Radius Curved Nickel silver track and gray roadbed; 5/card - Product Code: 44519 - so I need 4 pack to make a 360° curve
The #6 Turnout Product Code: 44560 for the right
BACHMANN HO EZ COMMAND DCC #6 TURNOUT LEFT  - I haven't seen in your site
9" Straight Nickel silver track and gray roadbed; 4/card - Four pieces of 9" Straight Track build 36" of railroad - Product Code: 44511 (so I can buy 3 pack to cover the oval and the station beetween tournouts).
MORE QUESTION: DO I NEED A COMPENSATION CURVE out of the tournouts to make parallel straight track beside the mainline?
Please give me your suggestion, I want to place an order to get the traks and run my Train.
Thanks

ACY

26" radius curved track can be placed on the inside of 28" radius curved E-Z Track® for excellent double-track mainline realism. Five pieces of track make up one quarter (90 degrees) of a 52" diameter circle. So you need 20 pieces or 4 packages to make a 360 degree or complete oval.
If you use any "numbered" (#4,#5or#6) turnouts, you will need to purchase additional track to bring it back to parallel, which varies depending on the turnout. Or alternatively you can make a double track mainline with 2 #6 turnouts hooked up together or the #6 crossover piece, and you would then no longer need additional track to bring it back to parallel.

neurorad

Ok prior to place the final order I'd like to summarize to you everithing to avoid a mistake.

I need to run the Bachmann H0 2-8-4- BERKSHIRE STEAM LOCO W/TENDER DCC ITEM NO. 50902 with a Walthers Heavyweight Paired Windows Coach Pennsylvania (WALTHER ITEM N. 932-1004) AND another DCC train (small diesel loco such as Santa Fe DCC ITEM NO #6380 with freight box cars such as 50' Plug-Door Box Car Product Code: 18002)

I understand I need at least a 26'' radius curves to be sure to run this train (particularly the BERKSHIRE STEAM LOCO and Walthers Heavyweight Coach Pennsylvania).

So I will order n.4 pack of 26" Radius Curved Nickel silver track and gray roadbed; 5/card (to cover 360°) - each pack cover 90°.

I will order n. 3 pack of 9" Straight Track 4/per card and with these I can built a simmetric 27" straight railroad side by side by using n. 3 pieces for each side of the oval.
With the rest of straight tracks I will make the parallel railroad hocked with the #6 Remote Crossover Turnout left and right, so I'll buy n.1 #6 Remote Crossover Turnout - Right and n. 1 #6 Remote Crossover Turnout - Left to hooked up parallel straight railroad beside the main railroad to serve as a station where to stop 1 train while the other train can make a loop into the oval main railroad.

It's correct?

PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW THE #6 Remote Crossover Turnout WORKS, I mean electrical with any 12 V Altrenate Current to switch straight or deviated railroad?

Let me know ASAP and I place my order.

Thanks,

Neurorad

ACY

You'll probably want to put 28" radius on the outside of 26" radius to avoid overhang problems when the trains pass each other.

neurorad

Ok I understand and probably I will put later the outside oval railroad with 28'' curves.
At this time I want only a parallel straight station respect the main oval railroad with 26'' curves
and an entry and an exit straight station by tournouts
So please  just confirm me that the steam loco run on 26'' radius curve
and:
HOW DO THEY WORKS THE TOURNOUTS
(Electrical with 12 V Altenate Current ? )

Tanks

neurorad

To be more clear I want to make a main oval railroad using the 26'' curves and an external straight railroad STATION using the turnouts left&right to have an ENTER and EXIT from the straight station track into the internal main oval railroad.
I will command the loco with DCC so when 1 loco stops at the station (external straight tract outside the oval) the other one loco can make loop in the main oval railroad.

PLEASE CONFIRM ASAP AND SPECIFI HOW THE TOURNOUTS WORK (Electrical with 12 VAC?)

Bye

Neurorad

neurorad

ABOUT HOW DO THE Bachmann #6 Remote Crossover E-Z HO WORKS

The only things I understand by browsing in the internet is that tey are Electrically Operated #6 Crossover and works with a 12 VAC using a switch to turn straight or deviated railroad. So they are not DCC equipped (I don't need).

Can you confirm that I need just to use a 12 VAC to shift the tournouts from deviated to main route and that the #6 Crossover comes with the electrical switch to turn the way and also that they can manually be switched?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    * FEATURES: Quick and easy installation! 2 burn-out proof controllers for independent turnout operation. Connector wires provided. Manual control. Nickel silver rail and connectors. Gray roadbed. Scale black railroad tie dimensions with molded-in wood grain detail. Electrically wired frogs. The turnouts are not polarized, but can be easily. Switch assembly instruction provided. No additional power pack connections are required.
    * INCLUDES: One HO #6 Crossover Switch Two Controllers

Thanks