News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC and turnouts

Started by DJ Quimby, April 05, 2010, 07:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ Quimby

Hi all,
Was planning on getting the E-Z Command Control system. I have only 2 turnouts planned in my layout at this point. Can I use Bachman regular wired remote turnouts or must I upgrade to the DCC turnouts. The price increase is considerable and I'm looking to keep the cost down.

Thanks in advance,
D J

full maxx

you can stay with the wired remotes without issue...I have 4 turnouts and 2 crossovers with wired remotes and am running dcc ez command
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

ABC

Yes, you can use standard turnouts, but the E-Z Command System does not provide accessory power, so you will probably want to consider a cheap power source with an accessory output. Good Luck

hawaiiho

Just be careful how you route the wires.

I use a mix. Wired remote turnouts where I can and The DCC turnouts where I encountered wiring difficulties.

Works fine.

atari

Quote from: ABC on April 05, 2010, 10:01:43 PM
Yes, you can use standard turnouts, but the E-Z Command System does not provide accessory power, so you will probably want to consider a cheap power source with an accessory output. Good Luck

Is this an appropriate power source?
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=209

Will it just connect or do the wires have to be modified?

trainman1248

yes the wires just go into the push in terminals or you course just use a wall-wart rated at 16vac output

you might have one around the house or you could get one at a thrift shop or radio shack

lbyman

We are switching to DCC and have the Bachmann EZ command system.  Would like to replace turnouts with DCC turnouts.  How easy is it to program them on the Bachmann EZ command system? Would be nice to know how this works before investing the $'s.  Thanks!

Waltdavies

I added 4 dcc controlled switches to my set they are great and work great, except that when I shut down then system I have to delete pos. 9 and the bring it up again and all is well.  As far as ease of programming they are about as easy as you can get . Go to pos. 9 and then push the small black button on the switch it will click twice then push the F mode button that you want 4 times, the switch will do then same and it's ready to use.
Have fun I am
Walt davies
Thank you,
Walt

thc

I'm new and confused.  I have the DCC controller and two turnouts.  I can program them and they work, but when I run a locomotive and go back to the number switches nothing happens.  Obviously I'm missing something here.  Would appreciate any help.