News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EMD DDX40A DCC

Started by Jimiphudd, January 11, 2011, 11:44:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimiphudd

My brand new Bachmann DDX40A is not working correctly. Only one set of drives is working. Any suggestions? This is the case in both DCC and analog operation.

bobwrgt

Option 1  See if you can return it for exchange or credit from where you got it.
Option 2  Call Bachmann service department for help and see if you can send it in under warranty for repair.
Option 3  Open it up and fix it. It has 2 motors and the one not working may have a wire loose. When you get inside you may also find both motors turning but only one connected mechanically to the drive truck. The broken one may have a broken or loose drive shaft. Won't know until you open it up. Could be also the circuit board is bad.
The motors are not connected together mechanically only by the current from the board.

Bob

Jimiphudd

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I called Bachmann two times today and tried to talk to a tec person, all I got was a recorded message saying they were not at their desks. That was about 9:30 am and 11:00 am. I left my number both times but no one called back.
The retailer said he would be glad to replace it so that might be the best bet. I'd love to take it apart to fix it but I'm afraid I'd void the warranty. Thanks again.