News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

4-6-0 with sound extra parts?

Started by hunter2115, January 13, 2011, 05:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunter2115

I just received a 4-6-0 spectrum steam loco in MD & PA and have a few questions about loose parts. I didn't get any real documentation telling me what they are or where they go. One is a plastic piece that looks lik maybe a cow catcher? It has 6 arms that extend upward-each with a short pin on the end. When I look at the front of the loco though, I only see 4 holes.
The other part comes in the bag with the chains for the tender. It looks like maybe a lantern of some sort, with 2 hooks that clip onto something- but where?
Any help is appreciated!

hunter2115

Another question- How do the chains go on the tender? The instructions say "Just put the ring into the hook". It doesn't look to me that the hook has an opening- am I really supposed to open up the tiny ring and thread it thru?

bobwrgt

The thing with 6 arms is a foot board pilot. Just use the holes there and it should work. The thing that looks like a lantern is probably for the back of the tender. Light
The chain hooks on the tender should be open for the chain to push in. Another method is to take some thread and just tie them on.
There is a parts diagram for the 4-6-0 online under parts and service. PFD
Bob