News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC/Sound equipped Climax questons

Started by Cypress Hills, January 07, 2011, 04:56:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cypress Hills

Hi Mr. Bachmann:

In reading the onsite description of the #86097 & 86098 Climaxes with Tsunami sound, it says I have a choice of 3 smoke stacks, and wither I want coal or fuel oil in the tender.

Does this mean, each Climax comes with 3 smoke stakes and a fuel oil or coal tender cover?

If not, how and when is this choice made?

I'm on the threshold of ordering one, and I'd like to know this before I place the order.

Thanks.

Cypress Hills

the Bach-man

Dear CH,
Yes, each one comes with all the parts.
Have fun!
the Bah-man

Cypress Hills

Thanks. Will order mine shortly.

Cypress Hills

Chris9017

Will the bells and whistles be able to activate by running over a track magnetic, or will I have to buy a DCC transformer for it.

Also are there extrenal volume switches for the sound or will I need a DCC transformer for that too?

I just ordered a new Climax with sound, and would like to know.

I am honestly not really up for buying a DCC transformer because I am quite happy with my current MRC 6200 transformer, and most of my engines are either Phoenix or LGB sound where they have external volume switches, and have their bells and whistles activate over magnets making a DCC transformer not necessary.   

I think the Tsunami sound is amazing and sounds just as good as a Phoenix which is why i bought one, but I am wondering if I should change my order to one without sound and install a Phoenix in it where I know the bell and whistle will activate over a magnet, and that it will have an external volume switch, if requiring a DCC transformer is the case.