News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Color Match

Started by Old John, January 20, 2011, 10:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old John

Does anyone have an idea as to how to match the yellow on the Annie 4-6-0 Bumble Bee?

NarrowMinded

Many auto body supply shops can match colors and mix a batch up and put it in a spray can.

I have also heard on here that the prototypes are painted with Krylon colors and then the Manufacturing plant in china matches it for production.

NM

the Bach-man

Dear John,
When I did the prototypes I used Accu Flex Grande Gold.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Old John

Thank You both for the great ideas!

on30gn15

Quote from: NarrowMinded on January 21, 2011, 12:04:52 AM
Many auto body supply shops can match colors and mix a batch up and put it in a spray can.
Can chemical compatibility be guaranteed?
When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest

NarrowMinded

on30gn15,
Do you mean for plastic? or between the paints or both?  I would say No, but then its hit or miss with any paint.  I remember a thread sometime ago where a guy had been using the same paint for his loco for years, then one day it started bubbling on him.
There are many differant auto paints some for metal some for plastic most are for both and because auto body shops paint over a wide variety of existing paints the paint they sell the most of is very tolerant, but there's always a chance of a unpleasant surprise.

NM

on30gn15

Quote from: NarrowMinded on January 21, 2011, 10:36:17 PMDo you mean for plastic? or between the paints or both?
Yes, both are "make it or break it" matters.
And what amounts to legalized gambling.
When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest