News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

acela problems

Started by incognito, January 18, 2011, 08:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

incognito

I bought an acela loco with 5 cars about 5 years ago.  I love the dcc...  The engine never pulled more than four cars well so I put it away and waiting until i could build it a layout it deserved.
   I am building a new layout(8 months into it now) with all 22" curves.  The acela is worse.  It barely pulls two and is spinning in place.
   On the same track I have a tiny 40 ton switcher pulling a full Broadway Limited with no problems.
What can I do to save my Acela?

Thanks,
      Incognito

ACY

Try cleaning it and removing the old lube and grease.

incognito

Thank you very much.  I have never cleaned a loco before.  Can I do the same for the cars?  they don't slip along the track but roll only 15" or so before stopping.
My other rolling stock zips along.

Ken G Price

Quote from: incognito on January 18, 2011, 08:53:13 PM
Thank you very much.  I have never cleaned a loco before.  Can I do the same for the cars?  they don't slip along the track but roll only 15" or so before stopping.
My other rolling stock zips along.

I would make sure that there are no hair or lint wrapped around the axles or bits of debris in the gears of the power car or engines. It does not take much to slow down performance. As ACY said a good cleaning and lubing should also be done.

Good luck and have fun.
Ken
Ken G Price N-Scale out west. 1995-1996 or so! UP, SP, MoPac.
Pictures Of My Layout, http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss115/kengprice/