News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spectrum 2-8-2 Susquehanna Mikado

Started by steverg, January 20, 2011, 05:44:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pacific Northern

Having heard the story I am surprised the OP has not realized how unattainable his position is.

His statement that he has not received the item is not at all totally correct.

While I can understand his disappointment he is in no position to demand anything.

Once the engine shipped by the Favorite Spot was received he should have dealt only with the vendor.

How he tracked down the other purchaser is not important. Shipping the engine to the other purchaser was a foolish thing to do, it only made the situation worse.

I for one will certainly continue to shop at the Favorite Spot anytime I am looking for a Bachmann product.
Pacific Northern

Doneldon

I also purchased an item from the Favorite Spot which was out of stock. They contacted me and offered an immediate refund or a wait until one showed up. I elected to wait. After a couple of weeks the Favorite Spot contacted me again to say they didn't have the exact item I ordered but they had the same loco with a different cab number. That was fine with me. I received the loco within a few days of that. I must say that I think the Favorite Spot did just fine by me. They offered a refund or a wait, told me when the merchandise was in stock and then promptly
shipped it to me.

IMHO OP's experience is out of character for the Favorite Spot, and, I must say, he contributed to the problem himself by not keeping the issue just with TFS. Once third parties get involved it becomes just about impossible to figure out who is responsible for what. Plus, outraged emails or phone calls rarely lead to a happy solution. I don't know if those occurred in this matter, but the tone of the posts makes me think that it might have.

We all make mistakes or have misunderstandings. Hell, I've made two mistakes already this year and it isn't even February yet. But things get straightened out when people are respectful and clear, but worse when they are not. I think it would be great if the OP and TFS could start over. I'm just sayin'.
                                                                                                                                                                                             -- D