News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

climax

Started by WTierce1, January 23, 2011, 07:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WTierce1

Has anyone found a video of the new three truck climax? If so could you give me the link. I've been searching all the time and haven't found one yet! I'm sorry if I sound like I have no patience but I would like to see a video of it before I buy it. If someone out there has a new climax could you make a vid for me?

;D :D ;D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D
A fan of the Tennessee Valley Railroad

richg

It will be a two cylinder sound, probably quite similar to the Shay unless the Shay has the cam for a three cylinder sound.
I do not have the Shay and I have not seen anything that says it has a cam for three cylinder sound. Maybe a Shay owner here can comment on the Shay sound.
Both have the Tsunami and most probably the same speaker but I speculate on the speaker.
If you have never heard a real Climax, probably not to important. Model railroad sound is very subjective.

Rich

WTierce1

Quote from: richg on January 24, 2011, 10:28:53 AM
It will be a two cylinder sound, probably quite similar to the Shay unless the Shay has the cam for a three cylinder sound.
I do not have the Shay and I have not seen anything that says it has a cam for three cylinder sound. Maybe a Shay owner here can comment on the Shay sound.
Both have the Tsunami and most probably the same speaker but I speculate on the speaker.
If you have never heard a real Climax, probably not to important. Model railroad sound is very subjective.

Rich

The shay doesn't have a cam. I have one and know it doesn't have a cam and anothe thing is that it realy doesn't have room for one. It is amasing how syncronized the sound is on it.
A fan of the Tennessee Valley Railroad

richg

Quote from: wtierce on January 24, 2011, 03:35:07 PM
Quote from: richg on January 24, 2011, 10:28:53 AM

Rich

Two or three cylinder sound?

Rich

The shay doesn't have a cam. I have one and know it doesn't have a cam and anothe thing is that it realy doesn't have room for one. It is amasing how syncronized the sound is on it.