News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New to hobby and becoming very frustrated

Started by daxdog, December 27, 2010, 03:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daxdog

I posted on this forum earlier about my new locomotive having issues.  I called Bachmann this morning at 9:00 eastern and sent in an online request for help a few minutes later.  It is now 3:45 eastern and I still have not received a call back.  I have called a couple of other times throughout the day and hung up without leaving another voice message.  They close at 4:00 eastern.  Are they open today or is this typical for their service department?

richg

Patience. We are in the holidays. Even when not in the holidays, do not expect instant results.

Rich

ACY

Because it is 2 days after Christmas and 25% of the boys in the USA probably got a Bachmann train set for Christmas or set one up, they are very busy and this is the worst possible time to get in contact with them. When it is not around Christmas, you can usually get through immediately.

bobwrgt

Turn on the TV and listen to the news. Philadelphia where Bachmann is got 12 inches of snow last night. Good reason why some people may not be at work.

Bob

the Bach-man

Dear Dog,
Bachmann was closed today. Try again tomorrow.
Have fun
the Bach-man

daxdog

I did not realize that they are in Philly.  Maybe they will be there today.

railsider

Daxdog..........

By now you will have gotten things straightened out, I'm sure. I think you'll find the Wizards of Philadelphia do very good work, and will join the legions of satisfied Bachmann customers. If not, they will make good on whatever mistake they make.

Happy New Year, and Happy Rails to You!

Railsider

daxdog

I sent in my loco before the new year after speaking to customer service. Still waiting on the repaired/replaced loco.

daxdog

I got a replacement locomotive in the mail yesterday.  Thanks Tom.  I really appreciate it.

Pacific Northern

Quote from: daxdog on January 27, 2011, 03:12:07 PM
I got a replacement locomotive in the mail yesterday.  Thanks Tom.  I really appreciate it.

Given the time of year, you are very luck to have received your replacement locomotive so soon.
Pacific Northern

hawaiiho

Quote from: Pacific Northern on January 27, 2011, 05:06:04 PM
Quote from: daxdog on January 27, 2011, 03:12:07 PM

Given the time of year, you are very luck to have received your replacement locomotive so soon.

Considering the Wx that they have been having, that is an understatement. This time of the year, I have waited as much as six weeks without the Wx problems.
They are typically swamped around Christmas and into the New Year.