4-6-0 has more than 4 chuffs per revolution.

Started by Odd-d, January 28, 2011, 12:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odd-d

My 4-6-0 has more than four chuffs per revolution of the drivers.  How can I reset the number of chuffs?

bigblock454

Odd-d,

I believe the Tsunami directions/guide (one of them), attempts to walk you through this in a section called "auto-chuff" if I remember correctly. Once again, if memory serves me correctly, it explains you through the process of adjust the chuffs at each speed step. Sounds like it could take a little time (coming from a guy who hasn't programmed my own loco yet). Something like adjusting the chuffs (to four per revolution) at say notch (step) one, then going to notch two, adjust... notch three, adjust...etc. Don't know if that helps. I can find you link to the pdf file that explains it (it's at the soundtraxx websight) if you like. I'm getting ready to install a "cam kit" to my loco's, because I believe that'll be easier (and more reliable)!! Remember, even if you get your chuffs "perfect", on a set of rollers or something like that, they will change under different load conditions and such, because it is, after all, based on voltage from the motor (back emf?). Somebody else may wish to add to this (or correct me). Generally, most are happy getting it "close"... then there are some...   Hope this helps.

Norm

Odd-d

Bigblock 454-----Thank you for your advice.  I'll dig out the Tsunami instructions and see if I am smart enough to understand them.  If i can get it  to work I'll let you know here on the forum.   Odd-d

NarrowMinded

Theres a chart that makes it very simple in the tsunami instructions, Im a numbskull and was able to do it.

NM