News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

E-44

Started by Mouse, January 25, 2011, 08:30:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mouse

An engine that Bachmann might consider doing. The E-44 electric. Only one done was in brass and isn't the best running if you can find one. Now, the E-33 that Bachmann released a few years back is an excellent performer as well as quite accurate. The trucks would be the same, that's a start, as well as the pantographs from the E-60. Pleeease  ;D

ebtnut

The E-33 had the advantage of being used on several different railroads (New Haven, Virginian, PRR/Penn Central/Conrail) so it had a wider market base.  While I agree that a good E-44 is desirable, they only ran on the Pennsy and successors. 

jward

considering that others have made the gas turbines, and bachmann the dda40x both of which are union pacific only, i wouldn't rule out any model. i agree that the e44 would fill a void for those modelling pennsy electics, or pc/conrail.

Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Mouse

I have already rebuilt a brass E-44 with the motor and trucks from a damaged E-33 and what an improvement. As with the limited railroads that ran them, look at another manufacturer that just release Baldwin Centipedes. Only two other railroads other then PRR had them, but they're already on their 3rd run! Again, if Bachmann made them as good as the E-33, the would sell like crazy! I know I'd get several myself.